Renewable Alternative Energy Unit Head
External Vacancy announcement
The Citizens Charter is a National Priority Program (NPP) of the National Unity Government (NUG) that was officially launched on September 25, 2016.
The Citizens Charter is an inter-ministerial, multi-sectorial NPP, where Ministries have collaborated to provide basic services to rural communities. The key service delivery ministries involved are: Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD), Ministry of Education (MoE), Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), with oversight by Ministry of Finance (MoF). MRRD has a key role and will be responsible for infrastructural development and strengthening CDCs and Cluster CDCs. The Community Development Councils (CDCs) will be linked to sub-national government to improve communication and coordination from the community to the district, provincial and national levels - increasing Government visibility and accountability. The Citizens’ Charter is an important foundation for the Government’s reform agenda, contributing to a number of priority areas including: Ensuring Citizens’ Development Rights; Building Better Governance; Reforming Development Planning & Management and Developing Partnerships.
The Citizens Charter intends to improve service delivery by ensuring minimum service standards, provide greater responsiveness by the Government to the people and increase the level of public satisfaction with services. The Charter commits to deliver the following core services across the country over a 10 year period:
- Basic health services
- Basic education access
- Safe drinking water and sanitation
- Improved farming technologies and the delivery of extension services
- Rural connectivity with tertiary roads
- Rural renewable energy
Title: Renewable Alternative Energy Unit Head
Vacancy Announcement No: 254/HRMD/CCAP/MRRD
No. of Post: One
Duty Station: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: One Year extendable based on project life
Salary: As per NTA Salary Scale
Announcing Date: 09 March, 2019
Closing Date: 19 March, 2019
About EQRA Project:
EQRA aims to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly for girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.’ The project introduces a shift from monitoring only enrolment of students (which also include permanently absent students) to focusing on bringing children into school and their attendance. EQRA will: (a) focus on the 17 most lagging provinces in terms of girls’ attendance in schools; (b) direct the system toward tracking and rewarding retention of students, especially girls, by tracking attendance of students as opposed to enrolment (the difference between actual attendance and enrolment is estimated between 30 percent and 35 percent); and (c) focus on strengthening the governance of general education to improve the service delivery transparently and strengthen accountability, an area which was not supported systematically under the previous operations
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise daily operations and determine priority of the unit by developing weekly, monthly and annual work plans.
- Provide project evaluation skill both theoretically than practically that comply with the required engineering standards.
- Monitor work in progress of his/her unit and examines completed work for quality and completeness.
- Manages, monitors and refine work processes, turnaround times, and joint cooperation with others units.
- Organize in systematic way annual monitoring and evaluation plan and participate to project monitoring and evaluation in the field of the engineering sectors under his/her responsibility.
- Carry out obligations to inspects and review all works, as-built records to ensure compliance with all agreements during survey work or construction work.
- Contribute to the development of engineering training material and participate to practical training activity.
- Curry out research required to identify CCNPP engineering related issues and work for future stone requirements and opportunities across the Program. Work with the team supervisor to identify legal restrictions and encumbrances and liaise with developers as per the agreed process for stone provision.
- Contribute effectively to the improvement or modification of the existing Operational Manual and Engineering Manual with update technical and engineering documentation.
- Contribute effectively to identify and acquire additional technical resources to establish a sustainable technical support to the work
- Receive and investigates emergency calls for engineering technical assistance.
- Keep communication with the regions and provincial engineers to identify their engineering needs, and will organize deployment of support engineers to these areas.
- Provide technical assistance to CCNPP Provincial and District engineers during the; project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, engineering and managerial training.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and establishes work plan with each employee.
- Ensuring that the program is implemented in a consultative, participative and gender sensitive way.
- Ensuring staff safety and security procedures are drawn up and implemented, as appropriate.
- employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Individual in the position does not necessarily perform all duties listed.
MINIMUM SPECIALIZED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 years experiences at practical level of project manager to organize, monitoring evaluation and develop medium-large infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience in low cost renewable & alternative energy engineering, with a sound understanding of hydraulics, industrial mechanics, industrial and civil electrification, and rural construction
- Experiences in the supervision of infrastructure engineering projects and contracts are essential. Be proficient in IT systems, including AutoCAD, the MS Office, and be able to grasp a good working knowledge of bespoke internal IT systems within a short period.
- Background on engineering training, monitoring & evaluation methodology and techniques to capacity building development would be an advantage.
- Background of proved management knowledge in large humanitarian aid programmers and /or senior international private companies
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity into development programs
- Bachelor or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering with specialization in rural infrastructure construction.
- Proficient in written and reading English
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
NOTE: The level and scope of the following knowledge and abilities are related to duties listed under the “PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES” section of this specification.
- Development, implementation, and interpretation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards, and internal controls;
- Principles of program and personnel management;
- Principles of training;
- Principle of monitoring & evaluation
- General nomenclature and terminology used within the NSP.
- Knowledge and ability to apply computer applications to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Familiarity with Process Mapping Software would be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English, Dari and/or Pashto in speech, writing and comprehension.
- The duties of this post require that applicants hold a full driving license that enables them to drive in Afghanistan, and that are able to work across the Country.
How to Apply:
Please send your up-to-date CV with covering letter telling us why you are applying and how you met the required competencies before closing date, Interested Afghan Nationals should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating in the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number e.g. (Renewable Alternative Energy Unit Head) 254/HRMD/CCAP/MRRD to: email@example.com
Important Note: any/all applications without the mentioned subject line will not be considered.
- It applies a pro-active and positive discrimination policy towards women candidates as follows:
- Women candidates with slightly lower than the stated required educational qualifications will also be considered.
- If offered this position, the woman position holder will be allowed an adult male or female relative as a Mahrram for official travel, if/when required.
- The MRRD and its CCNPP will promote a woman-friendly environment with clear anti-harassment policies enforced.
The Human Resources Management and Development Division
Tashkilat Street, District 6th, Darul Aman
Citizens Charter National Priority Program
Ministry of Rural and Rehabilitation and Development